Commercial Loan Officer job Description
Company name: Connect One Bank
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Position : Commercial Loan Officer
The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for developing new business, underwriting, structuring and the closing of commercial loans, as well as maintaining and managing an existing portfolio. The Commercial Loan Officer represents the bank in local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing all of the Bank’s products and services.
- Support the Bank’s “People First” focus and rules of engagement—maintaining a professional demeanor, working as an active member of the CNOB team, providing all clients excellent service, always striving to make CNOB “A Better Place to Be”.
- Source, develop and underwrite new loans, interim and permanent mortgages and lines of credit for new and existing clients, including collecting and analyzing information regarding the client’s income, assets, investments or debts.
- Maximize bank profitability through appropriate pricing of new loan originations, fee income and selling of all bank products and services; advising clients regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk analysis and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Ensure all activities, transactions and records are in compliance with operational, security and control procedures of the Bank, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Handle client service issues by conducting research, taking ownership, and following up with on a daily basis as necessary until conclusion.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State banking regulations.
- Credit training.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and policies with respect to loan transactions.
- Familiarity with Bank security and safety practices.
- Minimum three years of commercial and/or real estate lending experience.
- Thorough understanding of federal banking compliance and requirements.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Strong “People First” interest and ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.