How many jobs are available in commercial banks? Can u tell me about the industry and others? Is it necessary to have any qualification for this type of jobs?
Position Title: Branch Operations Supervisor III
Job Type : Full-time
Reports To: Retail Banking Officer
Location: Fort Dodge, Iowa
Supervises: Universal Bankers
Position Status: Non-Exempt
** This position is not remote and will work in our Fort Dodge, Iowa location.**
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR III POSITION SUMMARY
This Branch Operations Supervisor III is responsible for understanding the daily routines of the Retail Department, while overseeing and performing Universal Banker operations daily.
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR III PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Complete scheduling for all Universal Bankers
2. Supervise and provide work direction to all Universal Bankers
3. Perform cash drawer audits, conduct performance appraisals, and facilitate new employee training and/or mentoring
4. Participate and lead all employees in Frontline Focus/sales goals
5. Perform Universal Banker I, II and III duties, to include consumer lending
6. Serve as a point of contact/have working knowledge of troubleshooting and servicing coin machines, money handling machines, ATMs and mechanics of the drive-up equipment (as applicable in each location)
7. Maintain an open level of communication with the branch Retail Officer
8. Assist with more complex customer issues
9. Assist Retail leaders with specific duties as needed
BRANCH OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR III ROLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- High school diploma or equivalent required; one to three years in Accounting or banking experience preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a “lead by example” mentality
- Be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This position is responsible for supervising staff in accordance with the bank’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and taking corrective action with employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – will follow through on what he/she says they will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical – collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as necessary.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management – coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills- assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Delegation – delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on opportunities to suggest new services to customers.
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours.
- Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Frequently drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations.
** This position is not remote and will work in our Fort Dodge, Iowa location.**
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.