Software Engineer II
Industry Dive is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer with a minimum of 2 year of experience who is curious and motivated to join our engineering team for Software Engineer II – Dhaka. However, we will interview candidates depending on their experience and skills.
We use a variety of open-source technology, our core application is written in Python/Django and our content hubs are built using WordPress for brands like DirecTV, Epson, MTB, CFO, studioID etc. We are cross-functional, so you’ll have the opportunity to work on many other projects, initiatives, client-facing projects, new product development and DevOps.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to work. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company, and our customers and readers. This role reports to the Agile team’s Software Development Manager.
What You Can Bring To The Table
- Experience on theme creation (from scratch) and customization in WordPress.
- Experience on Plugin development/customization in WordPress.
- Hand on experience in use of WordPress Hook/Filter
- Experience with Python/Django to implement backend features
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/SCSS to implement responsive template designs provided by the User Experience Team
- Experience with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with Git (particularly GitHub) or other version control technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create/update documentation for other developers and non-technical users
- Ability to work well either independently or collaboratively
- Interest to work during Bangladesh and/or US time zone
- Eagerness and interest in working on a variety of projects
We would love to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- Knowledge or exposure to the Agile framework
- Experience or interest in Client Support/Maintenance
- Experience or interest in UX and design
- Experience or interest in test automation
- Experience or interest in Node.js
- Experience or interest in React.js/Next.js
- Experience or interest in Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Platform
- Experience or interest in Cloudflare
- Experience or interest in CI/CD automation
- A passion for or experience in sharing and teaching new skills
- Bachelor or Master level degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputed University or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in full-stack software development. However, we will interview candidates depending on their experience and skills.
Let’s Dive In to What Sets Industry Dive Apart!
- We believe in a work culture where you contribute to the company’s growth and the company contributes to you. Your professional growth matters.
- We follow an open door culture where trust and transparency are the norm.
- We live by our core values:
Serve the reader. Serve the client.
Bring your personality.
Feed your curiosity.
Experiment. Learn. Repeat.
- Benefits include full medical (physical, vision, dental, mental health) coverage globally for you and your dependents.
- Career progression is monitored via a performance driven review process with full transparency and focus on your growth, throughout the year.
- Open leave policy and flexible working hours.
- Two annual festival bonuses.
- A hybrid work option that may include working part time from home and part time from our office in Southbreeze.
Communal transport facilities inside Dhaka
Free catered lunch
- Best-in-class compensation package
- Frequent team building events.
- An opportunity to work with global leaders from USA and UK.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover with Software Engineer II – Dhaka.
Pay range unavailable
Salary information is not available at the moment. Are you interested in salary information for this job? Yes/No